I love these parts especially:
“Because when we are naked, our skin (the largest organ of the body) becomes and instrument of perception of the physical world…”
“Our bare skin gives us access to a whole additional dimension of the real world.”
This has been the profound experience for me since coming to clothes free life some 5 or 6 months ago: ACCESS to so much more that I could not feel or experience prior to being in this lifestyle. I feel like I’ve received the key to a door that led me into a kind of Alice n Wonderland feeling, because of how potent and life-changing things have become for me. Except, rather than fantasy, it’s real.
Nakedness is the special sauce that enhances so many of life’s finest, most profound experiences:
- Quality time spent with families ? meals, celebrations, etc.
- Social gatherings and parties with good friends
- Practice of yoga and meditation
- Pagan esbats, spiritual ceremonies and rituals
- Solitary communion with the natural world
- Camping and hiking in backcountry, wilderness
- Songs and stories around a campfire
- Sexual union with a loving partner
It’s rather astonishing that most people in our society think of the pleasure of nakedness exclusively in terms only of the last item on this list. Why? The only reason, really, is that most people think of nudity and nakedness solely in terms of what society has taught them. Unfortunately, there’s way too little original, independent thinking about far too many things, and this is just one example.
Getting naked is usually regarded merely as the initial stage of a sexual encounter…
View original post 414 more words